I feel like I have to take a break from tumblr/Dragon Age inquisition news. The amount of hateful comments aimed towards Bioware and generally any piece of information that has been released is a bit overwhelming. People misinterpret everything to a point where bogus claims like “Bioware thinks bisexuals are unrealistic” flood the whole tag, even though that’s not what Bioware said. Set solid orientation doesn’t mean there won’t be any bisexual characters. It simply means there will be an array of different characters with different personalities and different orientations. Bi included. So that, hopefully, everyone can find what they are looking for in the game. Not just you, or me, or this or that person.
I feel that instead of swarming everything with hateful comments and turning vague ambiguous sentences into facts set in stone, maybe we should just give Bioware the opportunity to prove they do what they can to please their fans.
With that being said, I am going to take a break for a couple of weeks. Maybe Bioware will disappoint me, maybe they will make decisions that will make me happy while someone else will be the disappointed one. I will rather re-watch the trailers and patiently wait for the release date than run around angry half a year before the game is even out.
Thoughts on this image:
- I love how Cullen is standing at attention behind Vivienne. Mostly because I imagine that she’s the one who made him buy that hot new outfit, once she realized that he was a Templar and they’d probably be seen together in public. Vivienne you have done a service to us all.
- This is a pretty obvious Last Supper reference, with Blond Duel Wield Guy in the Judas position. Watch out Varric and Solas!
- I am really pleased with the clothing design on all the ladies here. Nothing that sacrifices protection to be revealing, and no impractical long hair.
- Dorian appears to have lost his Errol Flynn goatee? Boooo. He better have at least kept the mustache.
- Is the hooded woman supposed to be Leliana? Her face is strangely blurry.
- HYPE MACHINE: ACTIVATE
I’M CRYING I’M ACTUALLY CRYING